In technology, there are a lot of different buzzwords and acronyms that can be confusing. But one of the most important is the technology stack. There are so many subgenres of full-stack app development. Basically, a combination of programming languages, frameworks, databases, and frameworks for web and mobile app development. In this Blog, we are going to explore two of the powerful tech stacks MERN stacks Vs MEAN stack.
What are Technology Stacks?
The Technology stacks are a combination of technologies that comprise programming languages, frameworks, databases, and other tools like front end and back ends used to build an application. We stack tech stacks with the most powerful technologies, by doing this we can get the best out of everything. The development of full-stack apps is often referred to as tech stack development. Full stack app development team familiar with and worked will all kinds of technologies. And they ace at combining it to make it more powerful.
The most popular tech stacks are MEAN and MERN. They are competitors too. Here we are going to get a cluster view of MEAN stacks vs MERN stacks. Let’s dig in.
MERN Stack vs MEAN Stack:
When you’re choosing a technology stack, you want to make sure you’re making the best decision for your business. So,
Which is better MEAN or MERN stack?
MEAN is a brilliant choice if you want to focus on speed and efficiency. It’s a newer stack, so it’s still being updated and improved all the time. Plus, the MongoDB database makes it easy to work with enormous data sets.
MERN is perfect if you need more flexibility. The React library is really powerful and versatile, and it’s perfect for creating complex user interfaces. Plus, the combination of MongoDB and React gives you the best of both worlds: speed and flexibility.
One Difference in both stacks is Angular and React. Let’s see how it works.
The benefits of reacting make it more suited for certain applications. React is a lighter-weight framework than Angular, making it easier to learn and implement. React app development uses a virtual DOM, which can improve performance in certain situations. Web and UI developers love React’s shallow learning curve, timesaving framework, and responsive components, making it the ideal framework for developing highly responsive, visually appealing components.
Considering the different requirements and qualities, you can now know what to choose, Now let’s see the features of the MERN Stack vs MEAN Stack
More mature and feature-rich framework than React, making it more suitable for complex applications. Angular is easier to learn and has a larger community of developers, making it a more attractive choice for enterprise-level applications. Its Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture makes it a more organized and efficient choice for development teams, as it encourages a separation of concerns and allows for faster development. It also has a built-in templating system, allowing developers to create quickly complex applications.
Features of MERN Stack vs MEAN Stack
There’s a reason these stacks are popular because of their powerful tools that simplified many complexities in app development. Let’s dig into the Features of MERN and MEAN Stack.
MEAN Stack, for instance, comprises MongoDB, Express JS, AngularJS, and Node. JS. This stack is perfect for developing web applications with a dynamic user interface. It’s also great for creating RESTful APIs.
MERN Stack comprises MongoDB, Express JS, ReactJS, and NodeJS. We design this stack for developing user interfaces and single-page applications. It’s also great for creating APIs.
MEAN Stack is great for creating dynamic web applications, however, it may lack in creating single-page applications. MERN Stack, in contrast, geared more toward developing single-page applications and user interfaces.
Using third-party libraries is another significant consideration when building enterprise-level apps. MEAN uses Angular development which includes support for HTTP calls and integration with the backend.
Compared to React JS, MEAN handles third-party extensions in a plug-and-play manner, whereas MERN requires additional configurations.
Pick MERN from the MERN stack Vs MEAN stack debate if your app needs a simple yet sophisticated UI rendering. It can create a frame and showcase it instantly, making it easy to use.
For scalability, MERN Stack, with its use of ReactJS and Node.JS, allows for faster, more scalable applications. MEAN Stack, with its use of AngularJS, is slower and not as scalable as MERN Stack. React and Node.JS are lightweight and efficient technologies that enable fast, resource-efficient application development, allowing for more scalability.
AngularJS is a heavier and more complex technology, which can slow down the development process and make applications less scalable.
Debugging and Testing:-
MEAN Stack and MERN Stack have their advantages. MEAN Stack’s use of AngularJS makes it great for debugging, while MERN Stack’s use of ReactJS makes it great for testing. AngularJS is a framework that allows developers to debug their code and identify and fix errors. ReactJS is a library that makes it easy to create user interfaces and test them, ensuring that the code is free of bugs.
Both stacks are relatively inexpensive. Node.JS is free and open-source, meaning you won’t have to pay for any licenses. There are a lot of free resources available to help you develop apps with MEAN Stack and MERN Stack.
Ultimately, choosing between the MERN Stack vs MEAN Stack comes down to the type of applications you want to create. Both have their own advantages and can create powerful web applications.
MERN Stack vs MEAN Stack: Differences:
The MEAN and MERN stacks have a few differences that can help you decide which one is the better fit for your needs.
React and Angular – The major difference between the MEAN and MERN stacks is that the MERN stack uses the React library instead of the Angular library. This means that the MERN stack has a faster development time and makes debugging much easier.
Database – The MEAN stack also uses MongoDB, but it does not use React. MongoDB is by far the most popular database language in use today and provides many advantages over other types of databases, such as being able to store extensive sets of data quickly.
MERN Stack vs MEAN Stack: Similarities:
When comparing the MERN Stack vs MEAN Stack, there are similarities that should not overlook.
Except for the R and A – For instance, both tech stacks use MongoDB as the database layer, Express as the web application framework, and Node.js app development. Also, in either stack, you can use React (as opposed to Angular) for your front end. And since React is component-based and easy to learn, it provides a great foundation for anyone wanting to dive into web development quickly.
Access to best technologies – Whether you choose to MERN stack vs MEAN stack for your development project, know that you’ll have access to some of the best technologies available today all in one neat little package.
Why Should You Hire MEAN Stack Developer?
If you’re wondering why you should consider hire a MEAN stack developer, the answer is simple.
- Hire a MEAN stack developer to create any web application ranging from simple blogs to complex e-commerce websites.
- MEAN stack developers have a rich knowledge of MongoDB, Express.js, AngularJS, and Node.js all of which enable them to develop full-stack web applications quickly.
- They also possess proficiency in front-end web technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, etc., which makes it easier for them to deliver a complete product in less time and with fewer bugs.
- Plus, since MongoDB and Node offer flexibility in terms of scalability and data/infrastructure availability choosing a MEAN stack developer also means that your application will remain stable at all times.
- This is especially useful if you’re looking to develop applications that could handle millions of user requests at the same time with no performance degradation.
Why Should You Hire MERN Stack Developer?
There are plenty of substantial reasons to hire a MERN Stack developer.
- Foremost, the MERN Stack is incredibly powerful. It combines all the latest technologies, such as MongoDB, Express.js, React/ Redux, and Node.js into one complete stack making it ideal for modern mobile and web application development.
- Another advantage of hire a MEAN stack developer is that it has become quite popular in recent years, so there’s no shortage of developers out there with MERN Stack knowledge. This means you won’t have to go through the trouble of finding the right person for your business.
- Also, hiring a MERN Stack developer might cost more than hiring someone to work with a MEAN Stack developer.
- That’s because working with React and Node and MongoDB requires more skill and knowledge than working with AngularJS and Node combined with MongoDB.
- The upside is that having someone experienced in React or Node can be invaluable to develop innovative applications for your company or project.
- Considering hire a MERN stack developer in India may reduce costs and you can get the best service too because India is on the top list of IT resource availability.
Choose the Right Stack for Your Business:
Choosing the right tech stack for your business can be a tough decision. While there are many factors to consider, two of the most popular tech stacks are the MERN Stack vs MEAN Stack. So how do you decide which one is right for your business?
- It’s important to consider the strengths and weaknesses of each stack.
- The MEAN stack is comprehensive and well-suited for developing complete web applications with a single programming language. The MERN stack is more focused on facilitating quick development using two separate coding languages that work together harmoniously.
- Both stacks offer good scalability, but they also have their limitations.
- MEAN stack is good for developing dynamic web apps, but it’s not as efficient in handling complex databases with multiple tables. The MERN stack can handle complex databases better, but it can be slower when dealing with heavy computing loads.
- Ultimately, the best option depends on what kind of application you need and how much time you have to develop it.
- If you’re unsure of what’s best for your business, reach out to professionals from the best app development companies like Soft Suave to discuss your needs before deciding.
Popular Frameworks for Both Stacks:
One of the key differences between MERN and MEAN stacks is that each stack includes specific frameworks.
- The MERN stack includes React, Node.js, Express, and MongoDB, while the MEAN stack includes Angular, Node.js, Express, and MongoDB.
- Finally, MongoDB is an open-source database system often referred to as a NoSQL database because it doesn’t use the traditional table structure found in relational databases like MySQL or SQL Server.
- The MEAN stack includes Angular, a popular Typescript framework—Node. JS, Express & MongoDB.
If you want to know more and elaborate your app development ideas, you can meet up with expert full-stack software developers from the best app development companies like Soft Suave to make the process hassle-free. These professionals have the expertise to take your app development project to the next level. With their help, you can refine your ideas, identify the right technologies and platforms to use, and create a successful app that meets your business requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
Both MEAN Stack and MERN stacks are popular and powerful, more often used stacks for the best outcomes by developers.
No, the MEAN stack is a specific technology stack that consists of MongoDB, Express.js, Angular.js, and Node.js. It is used to develop web applications. Full Stack is a term used to describe a developer who is adept in all areas of web development, from front-end design to back-end development.
Both are better suited for different projects. MEAN stack is better for developing applications that require a lot of front-end customizations. MERN stack is better for applications that require a lot of back-end customizations. Ultimately, it depends on the specific needs of the project.
Assistant Manager at Soft Suave Technologies. With a commitment to operational excellence, Kani plays a crucial role in fostering a collaborative work environment. His hands-on leadership and attention to detail contribute to seamless coordination and efficiency. Connect with Kani to explore how his dynamic approach shapes success at Soft Suave.