Developing high-performing web Apps is the easiest way for a business to achieve an excellent online presence. Web Apps can perform all the necessary functions utilizing a web browser which evades the need for installed software. Also, it has the power to use numerous platforms and avoid restrictions like App store memberships, fees, etc, unlike mobile Apps.
Efficient Model View Controller (MVC) architecture, reusable components, end-to-end integration testing are some of the primary reasons behind the popularity & success of AngularJS technology. However, NodeJS attracts us with its easy scalability, large and active community, ability to cache, etc.
Let us see the benefits and key features of Node.js and AngularJS that can give you an idea of which one is the best pick for you.
AngularJS is Google’s open-source web app development framework. It provides great support for developing dynamic and single-page web Apps. Some of the popular companies using AngularJS development services in their tech slack include the Guardian, PayPal, jetBlue, Lego, iStock Photo, Upwork, Netflix, Freelancer.
Benefits of AngularJS:
Using, AngularJS developers can get an easy, effective & productive method of generating web structures, and enhance the ROI of a business.
Advanced Design Architecture:-
AngularJS enjoys improved architecture that helps a programmer to locate and develop the code without any difficulty. As a result, we can efficiently manage large applications containing the bulk components numbers, for instance, more than 60.
Declarative User Interface:-
Since AngularJS uses HTML to define Apps, the app development gets simplified. This is one of the handy features every developer loves while creating web Apps.
Improved server performance:-
We can reduce the burden of the server CPUs since AngularJS supports caching and many other processes. This results in more efficient server performance and response to API calls.
This platform enjoys great testing compatibility that makes App testing easy and flexible which is utilized by many top AngularJS development company. Besides, it supports both end-to-end and unit testing in an effective way.
Helps Manage State:-
Application properties, permissions, and other attributes are well managed by incorporating AngularJS. Also, we can know App’s status – illusion or disillusion.
AngularJS comprises easily extendable characteristics since they enable the HTML functionality, in which every function carries a dedicated behavior along with it. Furthermore, these characteristics can create individual directives that provide the capability of customization.
Support of Google:-
As mentioned earlier, Google – one of the giant tech firms manages AngularJS. Hence, it receives great community support that provides constant ideas, knowledge to improve the quality of the App development process.
Cons of AngularJS:
- During development, the same task can be done in multiple ways. Hence, an inexperienced developer may struggle to understand how various components work.
- With AngularJS there may be name clashes while composing many NG-apps on the same page.
- Sometimes, the App developed by AngularJS can experience UI lag if there are 2000+ watchers.
Key features of Node.js:
Adopting Node.js into a web App project, we can ensure continuous running functions without crashing or slowing the servers.
Non-blocking I/O systems:-
The feature of non-blocking systems of Node.js helps us to process several server requests simultaneously. This makes Node.js one of the best technologies that can handle concurrent requests quickly and systematically.
Simple yet effective functioning:-
Node.js Apps require fewer files and less code compared to other languages for front-end and back-end. Also, it encourages one code, one deployment principle. Besides, Node.js is suitable for real-time web applications, streaming applications, messaging apps, chat programs, social media apps, virtual emulators, multiplayer games, collaboration tools.
Using Node.js development services, you can easily monitor real-time data, website visitors, visualization, etc. Hence, you can have a good track of what’s happening through the dashboard.
This feature draws the attention of many startups towards Node.js. An experienced NodeJS development company can use this feature to develop web Apps with better response time, development speed, productivity, competitive edge, and relevance which addresses the main concerns of startups.
Cons of Node.js:
Although Node.js has a huge fanbase, it has some drawbacks like,
- Node.js application programming interface is prone to changes; hence, dependability is a concern.
- Since the API of Node.js is not consistent, Node.js developers need to change the current code in order to make it viable with recent adaptation.
- It requires time to create code as everything needs to be composed of scratch. This makes the designer’s job difficult.
Comparison of AngularJS and Node.js:
- AngularJS will be the best choice while developing a single-page client-side web application, while Node.js wins while building fast and scalable server-side apps.
- AngularJS will be most preferred for highly active and interactive web applications. On the other hand, Node.js will prove to be more valuable for developing small-size projects.
- AngularJS is itself a framework, however, Node.js has its own frameworks like SailsJS, ExpressJS, and PartialJS.
- Both AngularJS and Node.js support a variety of programming languages. To be in particular, Node.js supports TypeScript, CoffeeScript, and Ruby. Meanwhile, AngularJS also supports TypeScript, Dart, and CoffeeScript.
- If we compare by paradigms, Node.js supports functional, object-oriented, concurrency-oriented, event-driven, and sub/pub programming paradigms, whereas, Angular supports functional, object-oriented, and event-driven programming paradigms.
As we have seen, both Node.js and AngularJS are kings in their own jungle. Both have some unique sets of benefits, features and cons.
In short, the power of NodeJS can be unleashed while building server-side apps. On the other hand, AngularJS is unbeatable and best-suited while we aim to build single-page client side web apps. So, it would not be the right decision if we declare one is greater than another. The right question will be which is better? and which one can help you attain the best results for your business?
However, to make your final decision, contact an experienced web application development company like Soft Suave. We have a strong team of Node.js as well as AngularJS developers who can carefully analyze and evaluate your business requirements and suggest you the best language.
Besides, getting this free 30-min consultation from Soft Suave will give you the freedom to clear other web app development-related doubts.