.NET is a platform that contains tools, libraries, and programming languages used to create high-performing applications. Based on the Statista 2021 survey, .NET stands on top of the list of most used libraries and frameworks among developers.
Although .NET is a great framework, it requires the work of a skilled developer to get the best out of it. That’s why many companies/businesses are constantly searching for good developers. However, some may find it difficult to accomplish that i.e., successfully hiring a proficient .NET developer. If you are one of them, don’t worry, this article will take you through five simple steps that will assist you to find the right talent for the right work.
Where to Find .NET Developers?
There are three major ways you can find top developers who would be the best fit for your project,
- Community & Freelancing Platforms like Toptal, Hired, Upwork, Fiverr, Stack Overflow, Gigster, People Per Hour, Dice, Gun.io, Guru, Freelancer, etc.
- Referral program – You can find capable developers by encouraging your existing employees to refer and recommend suitable candidates. To motivate them, give rewards for good referrals.
- Employment Websites like GitHub, Indeed, Jobbatical, Krop, Mashable, The Muse, Smashing Magazine, Tuts+, Authentic Jobs, etc.
- Dedicated .NET development companies – The above-mentioned ways may or may not help you find the right developers. One of the best and sure-shot ways to find and hire a developer is getting in touch with a .NET development company like Soft Suave.
Looking to Hire Qualified .NET Developers? Contact Us Today!
5 Steps Involved in Successful Hiring .NET Developers for Your Project:
Before jumping into the hiring process, ensure you have figured out these,
- What users’ needs will your application satisfy? How will it do it?
- Will your application provide a different solution as compared to your competitors?
- What values will your application bring to the customer?
- What .NET technology would be used most often in the project?
- What skills of the developer are critical for the success of your project?
- What will be the estimated duration of the project?
- Do you need to hire one developer or a team of developers?
Step 1 – Devise a detailed job description
The first step is defining what exactly you expect from the .NET developer. Besides, every developer has their own sets of skill sets and expertise. So, it would be better if you hire a relevant ASP.NET developer instead of just following the ”one size fits all” concept.
A well-structured job description will greatly help you to convey what you need and find the right talent which ultimately results in developing a top-notch application for your business. You can follow the unconventional format or get creative and rely on an out-of-the-box approach, but make sure the main content is not missed out.
Step 2 – Fix a hiring model
There are broadly three hiring models,
- Full Time – This means you hire .NET developers where they’ll work a minimum of 8 hrs for 5 days a week. This will be more effective when you have ongoing, long-term requirements.
- Part-Time – In this model, you hire dedicated .NET developers where they’ll work a minimum of 4 hours for 5 days a week. Medium to small-scale projects can be completed from this model.
- Milestone – This model is similar to full-time where the developer would work 8 hours a day, but you pay the agreed amount on completing tasks. This will be helpful for the one-time project with extremely specific requirements.
Analyze your project size, requirements and fix an appropriate hiring model and specify it in the job description. You can come to a conclusion by assessing,
- What features your application should have? and how complex should they be?
- Is it an extension of your business or it acts as a major business tool?
- Does it just give information about your product/services or need to be more interactive and creative?
- When do you need to launch it in the market? What’s your deadline?
- What budget do you have in mind?
- Do you have any specific UI/UX designs that should be implemented?
You can choose a part-time or milestone model for a simple project with fewer complex features. However, opting for the full-time model can effectively complete a large-scale project in an easier way. If you are unaware/confused to come to a decision, get a free consultation from a reputed .NET development company like us.
Step 3 – Test skills
This is the third and most important step in hiring a developer. When you approach a software development company or receive applications via employment websites or communities, you need to test the candidate’s skills. You can shortlist the applicants based on experience, expertise, and price, but the most promising .NET developer can only be hired when tested through enough technical tests. You cannot solely rely on resumes to know one’s actual abilities.
If you don’t have a technical background, there are tons of .NET skill-testing quizzes online which can be utilized. Or else, you can rope in senior members from your tech team for your assistance. However, some leading service providers offer a 1-week free trial that can be of great use when it comes to analyzing the developer’s competency.
Step 4: Conduct interviews
When you hire Indian .NET programmers or from any other region, you can make sure you find the right candidate by conducting interviews.
- Accomplishment – Discuss the candidates’ past projects details and the tools they used. Besides, get to know the processes and approaches used. However, if you are interested in a fresher, don’t expect much details here.
- Technical Know-How – A good developer always stays updated with the latest trends in the technology industry. Hence, before you hire .NET developers in India, check if they can implement new designs, animations, tools in a web project successfully.
- Understanding of Your Business – It is crucial that the hired developers are in sync with the goals and deliverables you have in mind. Moreover, make sure the developer knows your business ethos.
- The Basics – To double-check the .NET developer has sufficient technical knowledge, you can ask questions related to .NET basics. This reveals the real depth of a candidate’s understanding of the framework.
- Discuss SQL Databases and Tools – The quality of the application produced will be determined based on the proficiency of the developer’s knowledge on database techs such as MySQL, Microsoft SQL, .NET developer Oracle and tools including,
- Microsoft Web Platform Installer
- Web Essentials for Visual Studio
- Visual Studio Gallery
- Novi Builder
- SQL Complete
- GitHub Extension for Visual Studio
- Evaluate Communication Skills – Good communication skills of a developer helps in preventing any misunderstanding and facilitate smooth conversation between other team members or even with people outside the tech team if needed.
Looking to Hire Qualified .NET Developers? Contact Us Today!
Step 5 – Close the Deal
At this stage, you would have probably found your desired developer. Now, it’s time to fix the deadline and communication tool. Moreover, sign an NDA agreement. Developers at Soft Suave follow strict security and privacy measures and sign the NDA agreement before commencing the project. Also, we assign a dedicated project manager for a smooth development process.
These steps can prove to be a basic guideline while hiring a .NET developer. However, for a faster and smoother process, get in touch with experienced and talented developers at Soft Suave. Our developers have more than a decade of experience which ensures your application is equipped with best-in-class tools and processes to scale up your business.
Veera S is self-motivated and knowledgeable of Google Ad Words and social media marketing with 5+ years of experience in Digital Marketing. My expertise reflects in Google, Bing other SEM activities, SEO, SMM, Google Analytics, and various Digital Marketing Tools.