Web Frameworks are essential for creating robust, interactive web applications that work both on the frontend and backend. It allows for the creation of necessary online platforms, and also leads to the complexity of technologies. There are many backend frameworks options available. It can be difficult to find the right one that is both scalable and performant.
We have compiled a list of popular backend frameworks that can be used in web application development. Continue reading to find out more.
Different Types Of Web Frameworks:
The two primary types of web frameworks are:
You can improve and implement a user interface by using a front-end or client-side framework. It does not consider the work done in the browser and has no relationship to business logic.
You can create many animated traits using SPAs (Single Page Applications) and front-end development frameworks. Due to the functions and their use, no client-side framework can be similar.
The server-side architecture, also known as the back-end framework, allows for the creation of landing pages, simple pages, and other forms. It not only delivers output data but also increases security during web attacks.
The framework relies on precise and necessary details to ensure that your app functions properly. These essential characteristics make it easier to develop backend web pages.
Read also: Web Application Development Trends in 2022
What is Backend Framework?
The backend, also known as the server-side framework, is a collection of modules and tools that help in the construction of a website’s architecture. It can have a significant impact on the performance of a web application and could be crucial to your project’s success. Backend frameworks are primarily used to make development tasks easier and more efficient.
Image source: Mood Up Team
Why Use a Backend Framework?
Backend frameworks are used to automate software development output. This framework is primarily useful for web development.
These backend frameworks are also open-source. Continue reading to find out more about popular backend web-development frameworks.
Best Backend Frameworks to Use in 2022:
The best backend web apps frameworks offer high performance, rapid development, and flexibility to your web development projects. Let’s get into detail about each one!
Laravel, an open-source PHP framework, allows you to create Symfony-based web applications by following MVC architecture. It is rated by experts as the best web framework for backend development. Laravel allows you to use relational databases in addition to app maintenance and deployment services.
Laravel’s Key Features
Laravel’s fundamental features include:
- Security: Laravel provides robust app security with hashed or salted password methods. The Bcrypt Hashing Algorithm is used to create an encrypted password. To eliminate the possibility of injection attacks, the framework uses pre-made SQL statements.
- Template engine: Laravel offers lightweight templates that can be used to create layouts or produce content. It also offers widgets that can be customized with CSS or JS code. The Laravel templates can be used to create simple or complex sections.
- Eloquent object relational mapping: Laravel offers its users Eloquent ORM and an easy PHP Active Record implementation. ORM allows app developers to create database queries with PHP syntax, without having to write SQL code.
- MVC Architecture Laravel offers MVC architecture support to personalize business logic and presentation levels efficiently. MVC offers many functions, improves security and scalability, as well as a better performance.
Here are some reasons Laravel web development is worth your consideration:
- Simple API: Laravel offers a simple API that integrates seamlessly with SwiftMailer. It supports SparkPost, Amazon SES and Mailgun as well as SMTP and Mandrill drivers. It also includes drivers for PHP mail and can send mail.
- Authentication Laravel makes authentication simple with its easy configuration. Laravel facilitates simple authorization logic management and control over access resources.
- Testing This framework supports PHPUnit and includes a phpunit.xml file to aid in testing apps. Laravel provides helper techniques to expressively test apps. Laravel also provides simple user behavior simulations for app requests, form filling, and link clicks.
- Logs An Laravel project includes error management and a preconfigured exception. It also integrates Monolog logging library integration and provides assistance to many log managers.
- Cache backends: Larvel supports Redis, Memcached, and other cache backends. It uses the file cache driver to store cached objects in a file system. Laravel allows you to create multiple cache configurations.
Gin Gonic is a top Golang framework that’s popular for creating APIs with high performance. It includes important libraries and features. It is a lightweight framework that can be used to create high-performing REST APIs.
Gin has a Martini-like API but performs up to 40x faster than Martini. This framework provides better productivity and performance.
The Key Features of Gin
- Middleware Support: Gin provides middleware that can manage an incoming HTTP request. GZIP, Authorization and Logger are some examples. Finally, a message is posted to the database.
- JSON authentication: Gin is able to parse and authenticate JSON checking requests. The presence of essential values, for example.
- Built in Rendering: Gin provides an easy-to use API for HTML, XML and JSON rendering.
- Routes Grouping: Gin streamlines your routes better. It can also nest groups infinitely, without compromising performance.
Gin has many benefits
Here are some reasons Gin Gonic is a good choice for web development.
- Fast Gin provides Radix tree-based routing with a small memory footprint. It offers faster API performance.
- Error handling: Gin allows you to collect all errors that were encountered during an HTTP request. The middleware can then write them to a database or log file and then send them over the network.
- No Crash: Gin will detect and fix any HTTP request-related problems. Your server will always be available.
- Extension: Gin makes creating new middleware easy. For more information on creating new middleware, you can see the sample code.
3. Ruby on Rails:
Ruby on Rails (also known as Rails) is an open-source framework for developing web apps in the Ruby programming language. It encourages developers to use patterns such as MVC (Model View Controller), and DRY (Don’t Repeat Yourself).
Ruby on Rails: Key Features
These are the features that set Ruby on Rails apart from other web frameworks.
- Automated testing: Ruby runs its tests on code written by developers. This allows you to save time and ensure quality development.
- Conversion over Configuration: RoR allows you to build advanced matching elements using simple formal components.
- Scaffolding This feature lets programmers decide how an app database should function. The framework then creates the necessary code automatically and according to the instructions. This method creates interfaces automatically.
- Localization This feature allows programmers to combine pre-designed code with their framework for a large project.
- Libraries: ROR includes many large libraries that provide developers with the tools they need to create a high-quality product AJAX and database access library.
Ruby on Rails: Benefits
Here are some reasons Ruby on Rails is a good choice for web development.
- Reliable, Accurate, and Reliable: RoR uses test-driven techniques because of its automated testing feature. This feature allows developers to make fewer mistakes and maintain consistency. This framework is authentic and simple to use.
- Rapid development: RoR works quickly and efficiently, easing many tasks. Hence, it helps achieve your goals quicker. It also works faster, ensuring a high-quality product.
- A large and efficient developer community: Many skilled Ruby on Rails developers can help you troubleshoot any development issues.
- Scalability and Quality: RoR’s flexibility allows developers to handle larger and more difficult tasks. RoR is able to scale a project even if it’s small.
- Great Execution: ROR is a remarkable tool that deals with logic complexity and presents code with precision.
Express.js, a lightweight Node.js web application framework, is adaptable. It offers a variety of functions that can be used for both web and mobile apps. This MEAN stack backend framework is used by developers to build online apps and APIs.
According to the StackOverflow Developer, Survey Express was rated the most popular web framework in 2021 by 23.82% of respondents.
Express.js is used by many large companies such as Myntra, Accenture, and Uber.
Express: Key Features
- Middleware This is a component of Express that allows access to the client’s request, database, and other information. It is responsible for organizing Express.js’ various functions in a more efficient way.
- Rapid Server Side Development: Express provides many standard features of Node.js you can use everywhere in the program. It saves time and reduces development time.
- Template: Express provides template engines that allow developers to create dynamic web content. They do this by creating HTML templates on the server side.
- Routing Express offers an advanced routing system that allows you to preserve a website’s state by using URLs.
- Debugging – Express makes it easier to debug a web application that contains bugs.
Express has many benefits
Express.js is a great tool for web development.
- Express: Express allows you to scale your web application faster. You can quickly scale your app with the help of Node.js, and other resources.
- Lower Maintenance Cost: Express JS Framework is a full-stack JS framework that allows you to manage the back-end of a web application without having to hire many developers.
- Community Support Thanks to the large community support, you can get help whenever you have problems while using Express.js.
- Google V8 Engine Support: Express.JS is supported by the Google v8 engine. You can therefore expect better performance and fewer errors in processing.
Flask, a Python-based web application framework that helps create modern and robust web apps, is one of the best. It is a WSGI framework which runs on the web server and not the browser.
According to Statista, 16.14% rated Flask the most widely used web framework in 2021. Another report from Jetbrains shows that 46% of Python developers prefer Flask to develop web applications.
Flask: Key Features:-
Flask’s primary features are:
- WSGI Assistance & Templating: FLASHK features a Toolkit to create WSGI-compatible web apps and Jinja2 to build templates.
- Inbuilt Development Server: This in-built Flask development server allows developers to use Python code in the browser in case of an error.
- Rapid Deployment and Development: Flask is a tool that allows you to quickly set up, design and deploy microservices. It is a lightweight framework that has fewer abstraction layers. It is quick to create MVPs.
- Minimalistic Flask: Flask can quickly set up web servers. It can automatically bundle core elements.
- RESTful request dispatching: Flask includes a RESTful extension which allows for minimal setup to create REST APIs. It efficiently handles HTTP and RESTful request and eliminates any boilerplate code.
Flasks have many benefits:-
Flask is the best web app development tool:
- Flexible Flask provides a variety of URL arguments, dynamic URL parameters, templates and HTML attributes to help you improve your web app’s responsiveness.
- Scalable Flask can be used to create scalable apps. It can handle many requests without regard to the adjusting requirements.
- Simple to Learn: Flask, a well-documented, un-opinionated framework, is simple to learn. Beginners can thus learn quickly.
- Faster Implementation: Flask facilitates exploration by using trending technologies quicker. It’s an excellent framework for trying new or innovative features in web development.
Django, an open-source web framework based on Python, is one of the best. It is a free tool that allows you to create complex, database-driven websites. Spotify, DropBox, and Washington Post are the best Django apps.
Django web development is a good choice for startups that value high-quality web design. This framework can be used in HTML, JSON, and XML formats. Django was the most popular web development framework according to StackOverflow Designer Survey in 2021.
Django’s Key Features:-
These are the main features of Django.
- Scalability Django’s caching and code reuse features make it scalable, allowing Django apps to effectively handle traffic demand.
- Security: Django assists developers in avoiding security issues like SQL injections and CSRF attacks.
- Added Battery This exceptional feature allows developers to use packages to include functions instead of code-writing right from the start. This saves developers time and allows them to focus on other areas of the app.
- Asynchronous Programming Based on Model-ViewTemplate architecture, Python-based Django runs anywhere and supports both reactive and asynchronous programming.
Here are some reasons to use Django when developing web apps:
- SEO Optimized – Django-based applications are easy to optimize, SEO-friendly and can be maintained on servers via URLs instead of IP addresses.
- Speedy Development: Django enables developers to utilize several elements simultaneously. It doesn’t require you to create separate code for each new functionality. Moreover, it helps create MVPs quickly.
- Support for a Larger Community: Django boasts a large community of over 2000 developers. This assistance will help you find the right solution faster than ever.
- Multipurpose Use Cases: Django allows you to create any type of website, from CMS (Content Management Systems), to news and social networking websites.
Choose the Right Backend Framework:-
These 6 frameworks provide strong backend support for web application development. There are many other frameworks available with their own pros and cons. It’s up to each project to choose the right API tech stack. It depends on your company’s goals, product vision, as well as user needs.
We recommend that you consult with tech experts in order to choose the best backend framework for your business.